tone it up | arm routine
* recommend doing it 2-3 times per week
* 3 rounds, 10 reps of each move
start by laying flat on your back, the medicine ball above your head and your legs straight out in front of you. then raise the medicine ball and one leg up to meet in the middle. return to start position. continue this motion alternating between legs as many times as you can for one minute. if you feel the burn through core then you know you’re doing it right.
What magazine is this please!? :)
sleek & slender abs with karena! repeat 3 times
tipsy warm up - standing with dumbbells to your side, rock back and forth keeping your hips stationary, activating the core muscles warming them up for your workout.
knee up crossover - standing with one hand pressed above you, and the other one to your side (dumbbells in hand) twist to one side, lifting that knee up while bringing your elbow down to meet in front of you. return to standing and repeat.
cat crunch - in a plank position, begin with arching your back and pulling your knee towards your face while contracting your abs. fully extend your leg back, using both your abs and your low back moving as slowly as possible.
cinch it - in a plank position slowly rotate your hips side to side while keeping your shoulders in line above your elbows on the mat. be sure to touch your hip on the ground before changing direction!
plank kicks - hold a plank position for a 5 count, then lift one leg slightly up and hold for 5, kick it out to your side and hold for 5, then bring it back in and hold for 5 before dropping it back down to the ground. repeat for each side.
tabletop crunch - a 3 part crunch move, begin on your back with your legs in tabletop position. with your dumbbell in your hands, crunch up and place the dumbbell on top of your shins being careful not to let it fall. slowly lay back down before crunching back up to take the dumbbell and lay back down extending your legs straight out in the air!
basic crunches - on your back, lift your shoulders off the ground by contracting your core.
the butterfly - sitting up balancing on your bum, slowly flutter your legs, bringing one heel to the ground while the other is lifted up to eye level and alternate!
1. Most races and fun runs are full of hot bodies in very little clothing. Let me repeat that: HOT PEOPLE. WEARING PRACTICALLY NOTHING. Wear sunglasses, and ogle with reckless abandon.
2. You can lose weight by drinking nothing but hot water with lemon. Or you can run for an hour, treat yourself to a cookie and still fit into your skinny jeans. One of these options makes you bitchy; the other makes you rad.
3. Take your iPod with you, and your runs suddenly become a safe place to indulge your love of boy-band music. With enough practice, you can even blend in a couple dance moves from ‘Bye Bye Bye’. Don’t lie: You’ve still got that routine memorized.
4. When your boss, your melodramatic friend and your nagging to-do list won’t leave you alone, calmly put on your running shoes and head out the door. They won’t follow you. It’s a safer alternative to storming out with both middle fingers in the air (though you can -and should- still do this in your head, just for spectacular effect).
5. You’ll discover lululemon pants are good for more than just buying tampons and Cheez-its at Target (I know, ladies. My world was rocked with that discovery, too.).
6. Running is the last place you have to “be a lady.” Sweat, snot and sneaking behind a bush to pee is not only liberating it’s fun, in that giggly-childish-naughty kind of way.
7. Getting a run in before happy hour means you get tipsy on half a glass of wine instead of your usual two. That’s not being a lush, that’s just sound economic planning.
8. Studies have shown that runners have better sex. Sex counts as a cross-training workout, which in turn makes you a better runner, which – hello! – leads to even better sex. Really, the whole thing is full of win-wins.
9. Girls are lucky; there’s an entire industry committed to making us look awesome while getting our sweat on. Workout clothes come in all sorts of cool colors and designs. Jockstraps, on the other hand, will always be ugly with questionable stains.
10. Non-runners will sit on the couch and call you crazy. Those folks, sadly, will never learn what their bodies are capable of. You, on the other hand, will die knowing you completely, totally, unabashedly used up the body that was loaned to you. That’s not crazy. That’s freakin’ awesome.